Friday 10 July 2015

Letting go of negative relationships

Since this vacation started I've just surprisingly noticed how good and balanced I finally feel again. 
For a while I thought it was just the fact that there is much less stress in my life at the moment and surely that will have been one factor but another, more interesting point I've noticed is that I stopped worrying about the negative people in my life so much. I'm not gonna lie about it, I've spent the past months surrounded by some really egocentric and narcissistic people and I'm pretty sure them being out of my life is one of the reason for me feeling so much better. . .
"Human beings are social creatures. We are social not just in the trivial sense that we like company and not just in the obvious sense that we each depend on others. We are social in a more elemental way: simply to exist as a normal human being requires interaction with other people." - Atul Gawande

Like you just have read in the quote above from Atul Gawande we all know we are social creatures and we need each other. We need relationships. Unfortunately no matter how much you want them to work, some relationships just don’t... Relationships can be real obstacles to a happy life. I've found some people I've encountered in the past (especially ones that turned into friends) to be surprisingly bad for me and my self confidence. I'm sure we've all known this one person that secretly hated us for no apparent reason at all and constantly tried to make us feel self-conscious by talking us down. 

Is a relationship of any kind filled with negativity or does it trigger you in some way? 
If, then you should consider to let this relationship go.
In a romantic relationship you can come to a point at which you have to think about whether you should continue or end the relationship. But ending non-romantic relationships isn’t something we think about that often.
There’s nothing easy about letting go of a relationship. However, getting rid of negative or triggering influences is crucial for living a happy life.
Here are some tips if you might find yourself facing an unhealthy relationship to someone:
#1 Create some space
By distancing yourself from a negative person in your life you can easily find out if they are really the reason for your unhappiness. If you notice you feel a lot better whenever a specific person isn't around, you can be pretty safe so say that this person is impacting your life negatively! 
#2 Be honest but realistic 
Try, if possible, to be honest with the other person. If there is something that really bothers you about them but you suspect they might be doing it unintentionally, just tell them about it.
#3 Celebrate the positive
Positive influences can make it easier to let go of the negative ones. So if you have just decided to distance yourself from a friend who had a negative impact on an area of your life, try spending more time with people that make you feel better.
#4 Focus on yourself 
 I've found this pretty important; The more you love, care and respect yourself the easier it will be to cope with letting go of someone. If you don't respect yourself, how do you expect other people to do so? 

I believe life is a journey and we are going to encounter all sorts of people on our way but in order to be perfectly happy we need to ensure that only the positive ones stay in our lives!
 I hope this entry was helpful for some of you :)

xx ♡ Micky



SHARE:

19 comments

  1. such an inspirational post! i totally agree with you!

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with this post. And loving the tips. Very helpful ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post! Thank you for sharing these tips, they're really helpful ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful photo.
    I love your world!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I used to live in that place for 2 years while I did my IB diploma there

      Delete
  5. Such lovely words... and definitely true :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you've liked it! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, how I agree with this post on so many levels! It is better to be surrounded by no one at all then be surrounded by such negative energy! Plus we are never alone---God is always holding our hand through it all <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you've liked it! :)

      Delete
  7. This post came at such a great time! I recently moved and have had to learn to let go of some relationships that weren't positive. I'm glad that you were able to find balance and peace :)

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so will you!
      Thank you for taking the time to read this post :)

      Delete
  8. Love the post! Sometimes it is hard to get rid of the negative people in your life but it is really for the best- you should not have to deal with toxic people in your life who do not support you or bring you down. :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!
      Thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

      Delete
  9. Your words are so true - we won't become happy
    when we surround us with people who brings us down.

    la-ailurophile.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you for taking the time and read this post! :)

      Delete
  10. I really can relate to this post as I have walked away from the so called friendships. I really feel better and free to let in new people. really nice post princess xx :)
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete

© Princess.From.Jupiter. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig